Turnkey solutions out of one hand
Turnkey solutions out of one hand
Let us take care of your dream!
We believe that a good house must not be bought but made…
This is why we treat every project as a unique challenge by defining and interpreting the needs and wishes of our clients. Working with them every step of the way ensures that their objectives become visible, tangible and real. In short: we work with our clients to give them the best version of their vision. We accomplish this by looking towards the future, by researching and studying new archictectural systems and materials , respecting the complexity of traditional processes.
We are proud to have found a partner who contributes an outstanding quality and esthetic standard which adds the right value to our vision and who has proven experience by building far more than 1’500 houses since 1994.
The Belgium based company with over 50 finished projects a year has become a staple in the world of turnkey and solid-timber built projects. A company driven by vision, passion and profound knowledge with a reference list that contains every single one of its clients.
Timber-built homes are the great architectural freedom.
They provide excellent thermic insolation, low energy costs and short construction time.
Solid-timber homes fall under the common denominator of
The dry construction and the high output rate realized through solid-timber homes in particular have a number of other things going for them, including:
- Solid timber has good heat-insulting properties thanks to its high pore percentage and its low weight by value; its insulating power is seven times higher than that of stone.
- When combined with high-insulation glass and proper insulation in the roof, floors and in-between the interior/ exterior walls, energy consumption in a solid-timber home can be up to 30% lower than in a traditional home.
- Solid timber insulates acoustically, thanks to the double-sound insulation between the stories and a 2″ thick floating screed.
- Timber also has excellent self-regulating moisture balance. It breathes and is never 100% airtight.
- Thanks to the additional insulation and the fact that timber does not store heat, solid-timber houses warm up very quickly during cold weather but remain cool when it is hot outside. You can save on energy and live in comfort at the same time.
Some advantages in brief:
- Excellent thermic isolation
- High living comfort & timeless style
- Healthy living environment
- High natural resistance due to selected and dried wood
- Low energy costs Compliance with Minergie standards
- Short construction time
Thanks to these advantages solid-timber homes fall under the common denominator of “healthy living“.
The timber used carries the FSC label Asbestos-free sub-roof plates, natural-plaster slabs and chipboards which don’t contain any harmful adhesives.
Our timber beams from Scandinavia are transported to the saw mills by river. The extensive period of time the beams spend in the river water means that harmful juices are soaked out of the timber while all the resin is retained. Furthermore, the high temperatures used during the artificial drying process also destroy any remaining harmful organisms, so that the timber’s long life span is guaranteed and fungi don’t stand a chance. This process also protects the timber against shrinkage and swelling.
Finally, the amount of energy used in timber processing is low, there is hardly any waste and new trees are planted when old ones are cut.
Besides building in a healthy and environmentally friendly fashion, Mi Casa also builds astonishingly quickly. Rigid planning, seamless coordination and thorough follow-up means that turnkey building projects are completed within four to five months.
Because solid-timber houses are light –they weight about one third of a traditional concrete house – foundations are easier and cheaper to pour.
And because the building methods comply with Swiss fire regulations, standard fire-insurance rates apply.
But Mi Casa does not only want to built safe, functional, durable and comfortable homes. They also stand for beautiful, personalized homes in which both the architecture and decoration are tailored to the principal’s philosophy and personal wishes.